As the habitual tangenteer that I am, I'm left reacting to the phrase "Musk's reality distortion field".    Tangent aside, I do very much appreciate Glen's take on this and found the multiple references (much more on-topic than my tangential riff here) interesting and useful.   I too hope Stallman will weigh in and wonder what the next evolution of EFF might look like or be replaced by in this new evolutionary landscape at the intersection of tech and culture?

I'm hung up, the last few years, on Yuval Harari's Intersubjective Reality <https://medium.com/amalgamate/inter-subjective-realities-64b4f6716f72> as derived from the social science Intersubjectivity <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersubjectivity>.

When I first heard Harari's usage/coinage I reacted to it somewhat the way I did to Kellyanne Conway's Alternative Facts <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts>, but I now deeply appreciate what they are all alluding to, some more disingenously than others.

I don't disagree that Musk's every action and statement has the effect of "distorting reality" but it is our /Intersubjective Reality/ that is being distorted, not the reality that most of us were trained/steeped in via the philosophical tradition of /Logical Positivism <https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logical-empiricism/>/.   Others here were (Social Sciences, Humanism) probably trained up and steeped more in Phenomenology <https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/phenomenology/> and more comfortable with Intersubjective Reality.

I find the likes of Musk or Trump or Altman or ( * ), as the /Personality/ in "Cult of Personality" in much the way star this recently discovered in-sync planetary system <https://mashable.com/article/nasa-exoplanets-orbit-star-sync> exists (see below).   With the planets' orbits finding pairwise (and more generally n-wise) resonances, all (presumably) coupled exclusively by gravity (and synced through internal dissipative tidal forces?).

Is chatGPT or OpenAI or AIAlliance ( or, or, or, . . . ) yet another species of celestial body in an orbital dance?

Musk, of course, operates in a higher-dimensional field of forces with Tweets (X's?), public appearances, financial transactions, and launch/contract/release announcements as the "intermediate vector particles"  and the sturm and drang of individual drama trauma among the companies, organizations and individuals who are effected by it all as the internal dissipative forces.

Mashable article on in-sync planetary system <https://mashable.com/article/nasa-exoplanets-orbit-star-sync>

https://science.nasa.gov/missions/tess/discovery-alert-watch-the-synchronized-dance-of-a-6-planet-system/