If you’ve read about them, Open AI probably has too.

From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of Prof David West
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2024 8:32 AM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] the inequities of uniquity

this is 'unique' only if you exclude Vedic, Buddhist, Taoist, ... thought.

davew

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024, at 9:54 AM, Stephen Guerin wrote:

Prompt:

Express a unique concept. Make it as profound as possible

https://chat.openai.com/share/649bd4ca-f856-451e-83a2-01fc2cfe47fb

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024, 6:50 AM glen <geprope...@gmail.com
<mailto:geprope...@gmail.com> > wrote:

I guess the question returns to one's criteria for assuming decoupling between
the very [small|fast] and the very [large|slow]. Or in this case, the inner vs.
the outer:

Susie Alegre on how digital technology undermines free thought

https://freethinker.co.uk/2024/03/interview-susie-alegre/

It would be reasonable for Frank to argue that we can generate the space of
possible context definitions, inductively, from the set of token definitions,
much like an LLM might. Ideally, you could then measure the expressiveness of
those inferred contexts/languages and choose the largest (most complete; by
induction, each context/language *should* be self-consistent so we shouldn't
have to worry about that).

And if that's how things work (I'm not saying it is), then those "attractors"
with the finest granularity (very slow to emerge, very resistant to
dissolution) would be the least novel. Novelty (uniqueness) might then be
defined in terms of fragility, short half-life, missable opportunity. But that
would also argue that novelty is either less *real* or that the
universe/context/language is very *open* and the path from fragile to robust
obtains like some kind of Hebbian reinforcement, use it or lose it, win the
hearts and minds or dissipate to nothing.

I.e. there is no such thing as free thought. Thought can't decouple from social
manipulation.

--

ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam