On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:24:53PM -0500, MK wrote:
> I could see it being useful internally; but as for "specific windows" in
> the config how can you know in advance what windowID to use?

Oh right -- in that case it's probably not useful, not when most things tend
to run in window context anyway.  It used to be useful for use with
FvwmEvent, when the windowid was passed into a calling function for the
event, so you could do something like:

*FvwmEvent: passid
*FvwmEvent: configure_window FooFunc

DestroyFunc FooFunc
AddToFunc   FooFunc
+ I WindowId $0 (Optional_name) DoSomething

... but these days, because the calling function operates within the context
of a known window, such checks degrade to:

+ I ThisWindow (Optional_name) DoSomething

So, standalone it's usecase is somewhat limited.

Why do you even ask, out of interest?

-- Thomas Adam

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.