> > > They won't be included here at upstream, no.
> >
> > Thanks again! May I ask: is the reasoning behind prohibiting
> > inclusion of these features upstream philosophical, or is
> > it that it increases code complexity or resource usage overhead
> > substantially (or something similar)? If the latter, of course that is
> > far more serious, and would be helpful to know.
>
> I fail to see why it matters, but it's simply that the code those patches
> touch is obsolete and will be replaced, versus some questionable decisions
> in *how* those patches work, as well as them lacking in functionality for
> hard-coding assumptions, no documentation, etc.

Thanks very much! This is actually very useful to know, since I have
been considering using these patches.

I was wondering if any of the features in those patches will
eventually come into fvwm. Rounded borders for windows, translucent
menus and the hover patches are the ones I am most interested in.

Many thanks again!
Best wishes,
Ranjan