On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:50:00 +0000 Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:34:19AM -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > I was wondering if any of the features in those patches will
> > eventually come into fvwm. Rounded borders for windows, translucent
> > menus and the hover patches are the ones I am most interested in.
>
> I suspect so, yes.  Just never how they've currently been implemented.

Thanks very much! I hope it will be sometime relatively soon. I am
personally never keen on patched versions floating around.

I want to get people interested in a WM environment which is why some of
these nicer-looking features are important. Which brings me to the
question: I would like to change the default. I know how to do this for
local accounts, using .fvwm2rc etc. My question is: what files should
be changed to make this the default.

To elucidate further, I am building a LiveCD (or trying to) and I think
the first impression of a blank screen staring at anyone is not that
great an impression. So I am suggesting providing a different default
set which may or may not involve patching (this is incidental to my
question, really)?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan