On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >From my experience with users new to FVWM, there's no easy way for them
> to create a config that is usable and looks good.  They don't spend the
> time needed and therefore get a bad taste in their mouth and don't
> return.

I do not fully agree. Could we say, if they don't return they do not
deserve fvwm ? I was once a beginner, and probably still use less than 30%
of fvwm feature, however I was quite determined in what I was wanting (not
KDE, something close enough to motif), and read and re-read the man page,
and experimented, and got all what I wanted.

I started from the SuSE shipped configuration (which purists here say is
not very good), got rid of what I did not want, and then started to add
what I wanted one by one. Possibly posted a report long time ago.

The only thing one can do to help beginners (discussed here a few month
ago) is improving the readability of the long man page (using hypertext
tricks and classifying the plethora of features by topic).