On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 12:14:02AM +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > are there simple Beginners-Infos zu start with fvwm(2)?
>
> >From my experience with users new to FVWM, there's no easy way for them
> to create a config that is usable and looks good.  They don't spend the
> time needed and therefore get a bad taste in their mouth and don't
> return.
>
> Is there anything that can help them?  Are there plans to create some
> tools to assist users in setting up a desktop how they want without
> them getting into the weeds?
> --

SuSE and probably other linux distributors produce from the software
chosen a quite useful system.fvwm config file. I, once also an absolute
newbie, found it straight forward making my own file modifying and
extending that config file, starting with
read "/etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc"
A good example is the best help.

Christof