On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:32:05AM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 02:27:25PM +1300, f...@stefan-klinger.de wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:14:38AM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > > So set a reasonable delay for you binding:
> > >
> > > Schedule 700 Close
> >
> > Sorry, that won't help in general. Maybe you want to read my initial mail?
>
> It will if you use a function.

How exactly? Just

    key d A 4 Schedule 1000 Close

won't help, since, according to the FVWM doc: "The command is executed
in the same context window as the Schedule command".  It simply means
that the wrong window is killed later.  I've tried this.

> I did read your initial email and you did not give me any reason for
> me to help you. Your question is asking for a solution to a problem
> you've not yet stated; confer an XY problem.

Problem: I want to configure FVWM to not take away the focus from a
window, while I hold down any modifier key.  No reason why, I just
want to.

I wonder whether I have said anything worng, or unfriendly, or whether
I have a reason not to like your attitude.  Maybe one of the fellow
readers would be so kind as to set me straight.

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Klinger                                      o/klettern
                                                    /\/  bis zum