f...@stefan-klinger.de wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:32:05AM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:

>> > Sorry, that won't help in general. Maybe you want to read my initial mail?
>>
>> It will if you use a function.
>
> How exactly? Just
>
>     key d A 4 Schedule 1000 Close
>
> won't help, since, according to the FVWM doc: "The command is executed
> in the same context window as the Schedule command".  It simply means
> that the wrong window is killed later.  I've tried this.

What do you think of my invention of a focus snapshot?
I invented it 15 minutes ago after I come out of the bathtube :-)

Define a key binding <Win> + <Space>, which makes a mental
snapshot of the window that currently has the focus.

When you press <Win> + <Space>, and something unforeseen happens,
then just go back to the original window and press <Win> + <Space>
again.

After pressing <Win> + <Space>, you could perform any action
you want and bind it the mental focus snapshot. This is not
exactly the workflow you want, but it is a possible workflow,
a tradeoff. And I'm rather sure that I were able to code this.

Do you understand my approach?

Michael