On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Kim Longenbaugh
<k...@colonialsavings.com> wrote:
> Don't know if this is true for SPLAT or not, but some interfaces have to
> have addressing on the primary before the vlanned interfaces will come
> up.
> So,
> Eth3 -->some bogus address
> Eth3.4 -->1.1.1.1
> Eth3.5 -->2.2.2.1
>
> Again, I don't that's true for certain, but would give it a try.

Checkpoint support told me explicitly that there shouldn't be an IP on
the physical interface if you're using VLANs.  I suspect it depends on
who you talk to.

I would blame the network card in the firewall, and try a different one.

I  assume the workstations can ping each other?  What about pinging
the workstations from the fw?

Next I'd look at tcpdump, fw monitor, and a capture on the switch
and/or workstation.

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.