Hi Jason,

the setup you described sounds exactly what we have running on R65.70 fine for
some 2 years. Doesn't help you at all right now I know.

So my question now would be, is your eth3 active? Means enabled? I might have
overlooked it in your OP, but didnt see that being mentioned. In our setup it
has to be Up even there is now IP on it.

Stefan

Am 12.11.2010 um 15:21 schrieb Ebersole, Jason:

> Oscar,
>
> Only one switch. Gi2/0/1 is trunk port connected to Eth3 on SPLAT. The other
> two ports are access ports. No L3 routing on switch. (Well, "ip routing" is
> enabled, but no ip addressing on these vlans.)
>
> Anyway, I am still running R60, so support with Checkpoint might be limited.
> Not sure yet what I'll be trying next when I get back to it on Monday.
>
> --jason

> Hello, I have found some pretty interesting questions to ask you...
> Eth3 from your firewall is connected to cisco switch interface
> GigabitEthernet2/0/1, so FastEthernet1/0/17 and FastEthernet1/0/18  are
> in a different switch? I guess you have connected 2 pc in 1/0/17 and
> 1/0/18 and try to reach your firewall in 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.1 ? right?
>
> if this is what you got, make sure that the switch where firewall is
> connected to(gi2/0/1) is passing L2 Vlan throught the destination
> switches where your access port are( Fas1/0/18 and Fas1/0/17)...if you
> haven't added this vlans in the path between switches, you will never
> reach the firewall from the pcs....
>
> Example:
>

> Firewall_switch--Switch1 in the middle--Switch2 in the middle--Switch
> for Access to PC
>
> Firewall switch: in this switch add the vlan 4 and 5 to the trunk that
> connect to switch1 in the middle..
> Switch1 in the middle: in this switch add the vlan 4 and 5 to the trunk
> that connect to Firewall_switch and switch1 in the middle
> Switch2 in the middle: in this switch add the vlan 4 and 5 to the trunk
> that connect to switch1 in the middle and switch for access to pc
> Switch for Access to Pc: in this switch add the vlan 4 and 5 to the
> trunk that connect to switch2 in the middle .
>

> Try this in your switches...in the switch where your firewall is
> connected, if vlans are configured well in your switches, you must see
> the IP address of your PCs connected to access ports in other switches..
>

> switch were firewall is connected #sh mac address-table int
> GigabitEthernet2/0/1
>          Mac Address Table
>
> Vlan    Mac Address       Type        Ports
> ----    -----------       --------    -----
> 4    0015.1715.76ca    DYNAMIC     Gi2/0/1
> 5    0000.0000.fe01    DYNAMIC     Gi2/0/1
> 4    0015.1715.76ca    DYNAMIC     Gi2/0/1
>

> Beside try this, if you are connecting your PC to a different switch,
> try to create in access port in the switch where the firewall is
> connected, and connect your pc and try to ping..if this works, the
> problem its not checkpoint, is your Cisco switch configuration...
>
> Beside in secure Platform you can have an interface without IP Address,
> like your case in eth3..cause you are not running a L3 on this
> interface..because you are using subinterfaces 8021.1Q....
>
> If you have any doubts just let me know..
>

> Rgds..

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.