Never mind. I discovered a mis-configuration on my license server...

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:fw-1-mailingl...@amadeus.us.checkpoint.com] On Behalf Of Ebersole, Jason
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 1:15 PM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: [FW-1] Protocol Type? and Solidworks Licensing

R61

I'm working on allowing access to a Solidworks License Server. Solidworks
documentation says this licensing function uses TCP ports 25734 & 25735, but
I'm seeing other behavior.

When a client tries to access the license server, the first connection attempt
is on port 25734 as documented. Then, the client tries to connect on a random
port; which is not documented as expected behavior.

This second connection attempt on the random source port appears to only happen
when the 25734 connection succeeds, but I would rather not accommodate this
random port in a static rule. Is there some way to get this working? I've never
had to work with the "Protocol Type" in the TCP advanced settings, but maybe
this is where I need to go.

Thanks, Jason

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.