I dont know if its even possible but id really like to see some general
abstraction for ORM integration that these would be based on... Just to make
it easier to integrate Propel for instance.

Granted this would have to be pretty abstract given vendor differences - or
even differences in major versions of the same software. Im just thinking
that if i want to integrate ORM XYZ, i should general
interfaces/abstractions for Model Builders, Form Builders, Loggers and what
not to program to make the process just a little less daunting.

Sorry to see Zend_Entity go, but I readily welcome Doctrine :-)