On 7 January 2014 12:46, dolphin [via Zend Framework Community] <
ml-node+s634137n4661416...@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> Thank you. Perhaps "zephir" soon be stable. Perhaps the developers zf3 can
> look at it.
> Generally speaking, yes, it is an old dream, very far, as the sky. But now
> it has become a step closer.

mac_nibblet (Antoine Hedgecock) has already tried zephir extensively to
port the Zend\EventManager component for ZF3 as a C extension. The result
was interesting, but still not good enough to justify the pains of
debugging C code (yes, you still need to go into C code when using Zephir).
The segfaults and bugs encountered were discouraging in my opinion.

Results were much better with HHVM and native PHP code.

Zephir is an interesting idea, but it really defeats the strong points of
PHP, which are all about making code easy to debug, understand and run.
Deploying large apps after going first into a Zephir->C conversion and then
a C->compiling step (hoping that everything will be fine) is quite a
problem, and so much can go wrong in there :(

It won't be considered for ZF3 as far as I know, simply because there's no
major advantage over using Facebook's PHP engine.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/