On Mercredi 6 Février 2002 14:35, Eugene van der Pijll wrote :
> And I'm playing with your script right now. Looks good.

Thanks. :)

> We probably need two programs: one for the arbiter, and one for the
> golfers. The routines that they have in common can be put into a module,
> but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do. Installing a module
> can be a problem, especially for beginners.

I think the arbiter program could (should?) be a module, but not the "client"
part.

> It's easier to end entries with empty lines. If an entry contains an
> empty line of itself, then one should end it with __END__.

Hum, this would be harder to parse. It is quite straightforward by now. I
don't want to spit a full-blown yacc-style parser for a poor mail-parser...
The __END__ token is perlish enough to be accepted.
And further more :

> Perhaps the participants' program would write out the entries in the
> correct format, to be sent to the arbiter.

If there's a program that does format a mail (or even send it), no need to
squeeze the __END__ token for simplicity reasons...

> I think your script is a good start, and I think I will use it or
> something like it at the next match.

Okay, let's start the Game::Golf module. Anyone who wants to get involved in
the development of it should get into contact with me.

Jerome
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]