You must have a friend, somewhere, with broadband. Back in the Dark Ages
(before I got some high-speed at home), I'd routinely pack up my Cube and
just take it over to a friend's house. We'd have some beer & pizza, get the
thing fully updated, and that'd be that. It's good to socialize, sometimes
:)

I used to pack up my Lombard and carry it to school to update it. Of course, with Jag maxxing out at 10.2.8, I only had to do that once. Just plugged in and left in the computer lab over first period, then picked it up on the way to Psychology. Now, that I'm on 3Mb/s broadband, I have friends who drop in to update their Wintel boxes over a few pizzas.

Caleb