I would like to politely correct Dan in that I was proposing the gmond fix as
opposed to providing it. I seriously think that all of the new releases should
be suspended until this critical bug has been addressed. It does crash systems.

________________________________
 From: Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au>
To: Im Root <imr...@rocketmail.com>
Cc: "ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net"
<ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-developers] Ganglia Web repo moved

On 17/01/12 19:59, Im Root wrote:
> We should also bundle the new monitor core with a version of gmond that
> runs on Windows 2008 r2 as well. The ganglia web front end loses some of
> it's monitoring functionality when it can't monitor basic operating
> systems. Besides, it only makes sense to keep ALL of the basic
> components up to date which includes the collectors too. A nice web UI
> is useless without all of the data.

I agree - if Mr Root is developing a fix for that issue and it will be
ready this month, the release can be delayed for 1-2 weeks to let people
test

Also, I think that instead of calling it Ganglia 3.2.1, it should be
Ganglia 3.3.0, because the web interface is more than just a bug fix
release.  It could even be 4.0.0 perhaps?