Hi all:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Vladimir Vuksan <vli...@veus.hr> wrote:

> I see it all the time :-(. According to Bernard this is due to problem
> with some of the Broadcom cards. Perhaps Bernard can offer more insight.

Some old threads which describe the issue in more detail:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04463.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04245.html

I see two solutions to this problem:

1) If this is indeed a driver issue, we should check to see if newer
kernels can fix that.  Perhaps Vladimir could look into this

2) It would probably be a good thing to implement sanity check.  I
think Neil is looking into implementing this for the sflow
integration.  Perhaps this could be extended for gmond data as well.

To help resolve this issue, I would suggestion that we:

1) File a bug at bugzilla.ganglia.info
2) For all those affected, add comments to the bug providing the
network driver model, module used, kernel version, OS version etc.

Thanks!

Bernard