Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>> What if we ask the FSF if we can dual license the constraints.md files
>> under both the GPL and the GFDL?

> I agree that we are likely to get more traction with a request to dual
> license as opposed to re-license.

Well, I've asked -- but RMS shot down that idea.

> Not for the first time I find myself wishing the FSF spent more mental
> effort on documentation for free software, at every level.

I (and I speak here not for the FSF, the SC, CodeSourcery, or anybody
else) wish the FSF spent less time "improving" licenses and more time
focused on making FSF software attractive to end users.

I'm disappointed that a license "improvement" (changing GPL to GFDL on
manuals) has made it impossible to do something that we, as developers,
used to be able to do (when documentation was under the GPL we could
move things back and forth between code and documentation at will), and
which benefited users (by making it easier for us to generate better
documentation).

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery