Le 16/11/2022 à 17:32, Hermann Rodrigues a écrit :
Hi,

I am a bit late for this discussion, but can someone please clarify if this is a breaking change? Is this keeping the old behavior in place when reading GDT_Byte or replacing it completely when reading rasters storing 8-bit pixels?

This doesn't affect GDT_Byte rasters that were really unsigned 8-bit pixels.

For signed 8-bit pixels, https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc87_signed_int8.html#backward-compatibility should answer your question

Best,

hermann

Hermann Rodrigues