From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Garrett Peterson
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 6:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [gecko]GGA is so cool!

She looks very healthy and I am keeping humidity and temp at consistant levels. I also have an appointment for parasites. So I hope she'll be ok.
 What are electrolytes?

Danny Mendez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I keep several fimbriatus and to be be honest on a scale of 1-10 (10 being most difficult) I think U fimbriatus is a 7 or 8, one of the hardest to keep next to phants IMO.
Fimbriatus are much more sensitive to temperature & humidity fluctuations than henkeli.  The biggest problem with them I think, is that they don't take the importation process to well and suffer greatly from dehydration & internal parasites.  The most important thing about keeping fimbriatus is humidity/hydration...make sure that big paddle tail is nice and flat, if it's curled like a paper towel then you will need to get some electrolytes in there fast!

If your animal is already established and in good shape then it's prety easy to keep them that way as long as you keep the right temp & humidity ranges...CB animals are of course much more hardy but unfortuantely they are also much less common.

Hope this helps...somewhat.

Danny Mendez
Liberty Science Center

President