On 10/23/2011 09:51 PM, David Vincent-Jones wrote:
> Thanks for the response ..
>
> A bit more investigating from my end and I see that if I use the exif
> separate 'window', information is being correctly written to the sidecar
> file .. but .. it is not being displayed where I need to see it in the
> 'sidebar exif window'. Can added fields be added somehow? I have tried
> to modify the config to do this but without success.

So, as far as I can tell, geeqie's keywords list uses the "Dublin Core"
spec to store keywords.  There are other ways to store keywords.  Again,
it'd be a lot easier to figure out what's actually going on with sample
files.

> Again, if I modify the sidebar keywords' list in the config file will it
> read the exif tags or do I need to totally re-tag my images (big job).
Modifying the list of stored keywords is unlikely to help.  Keywords
should show up in the keywords list (aka left side) without being in the
stored keywords list (right side).

> When I try to Keyword tag an image group I find that only the last image
> in the tag becomes tagged ... how would one add keywords to a selected
> image group?
Select all of the relevant images, and then right-click on a stored
keyword.  You should see the option "Add keyword to all selected images"
near the top of the contextual menu.

--xsdg