On 4 June 2011 11:33, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:52:48AM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, got that wrong I see now
> >
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/apache-president-jim-jagielski-talks-openoffice-org
> >
> > Which is no problem for me, but obviously I misunderstood your
> > statement about not talking to the press.
> >

> Tell me where in that post anyone from the ASF is openly critical
> of TDF or strongly implies that TDF's "ideological" stance will
> be a factor in breaking any cooperation.
>
> That is the difference. Outwardly and publicly the ASF is stressing
> the good and the potential of this effort. Whereas there appears
> a concerted effort by others to derail it and portray the ASF as
> the pawns of IBM/Oracle or as agents of anti-FOSS/anti-LOo actions.

I think this is a little extreme :-) I don't see much positive efforts at
derailing, just people trying to work out what it all means in terms of
their own perspective, value systems and their ownership of their work. I
think the discussions are surprisingly cordial given the circumstances.  EQ
is going to be just as important as IQ in resolving all this.