On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>...it seems useful that one person would step forth and
>> claim to be the champion of bringing a certain project to the ASF and
>> [implicitly] agree to pushing down any artificial process hurdles...

Why must the name be "Champion" and not just "Mentor"?

> I agree with that, and someone signing up as champion also means they
> believe in the podling having its place at Apache, which is a good
> thing IMO.
>
> In the simplest case, one of the mentors just signs up as the
> champion, so I don't think keeping that notion is complicated or
> obsolete.

Champion is just another term for the first potential mentor who steps up.
I have read what others think (helping with the process, probably help
with the proposal) but I still fail to see why we need another term
for it. Less is beautiful.

Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de