Hi,

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> I know that prompted me to do a similar run-through on half of your
> list (I ran out of steam/time...I guess I'll start at the bottom next
> time) and I simply found nothing to add, but I did do much more
> overseeing by following along than I would have done if, say, I had
> gotten nagged a couple thousand times more.

On that note, in case anyone wants to participate in the report
review, I left a TODO note to the wiki page [1] on the list of podling
reports I haven't really looked at in more detail yet. I'm planning to
cover them all by Wednesday next week, but will definitely appreciate
help from people with an extra cycle or two. :-)

Just pick one from the list (ideally one that you aren't directly
mentoring), read the submitted report (if one exists!) and compare it
to the previous report (for most podlings that's the one from December
[2]) and a quick browsing of things like the podling status page [3],
web site, list archives and svn commit history. Then, if needed,
follow up with a "$podling status" mail to general@ for any feedback
or questions that you may have. You  may also place the podling in the
appropriate category in the report summary if the review gave you a
good enough picture of the podling status.

A quick review like that takes about 15 minutes and should give at
least a general idea of how accurate and complete the submitted report
is. A review like that certainly can't replace or compete with
hands-on participation and oversight that good mentoring provides, but
seems to work fine as a discussion opener and at least identify areas
where further help may be needed.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2012
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2011
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/