Actually that's just with the DistanceQueryBuilder that needs the precision
boolean (wheither to do just a bounding box or also filter on radius),
 the original name of the project was locallucene, to me local and spatial
are 2 completely different things.

- Local is a search from point x within y miles. (hence the radius filter)
- Spatial on the other hand is well everything else.

I have yet to update the repository with that code, but a working example of
what I see spatial as is
http://www.knowledgenowsystems.com/polySpatialSolrUI/
The polygon tool works better than the line tool, you have to double click
the link to get it to kick off a search.

But essentially it's capable of taking almost arbitrary shapes and just
doing convex hull searching or line string searching.
Future work would include sorting based upon proximity to a point, so you
don't just get a bag of results back, you can say starting at point x give
me all the closest
ones along this line or within this shape (trajectory sort? in my mind),
then an edge proximity search would be closest to this line / vertex.

After that I think determining sub-shapes, where your search vertexes cross
each other, determine the point of intersection and create smaller shapes
from the pieces around it.
There's a whole bunch more i plan on getting in there.

Including a new SRID based on beer mat diagrams with Ryan on having a
prefixed id, that doesn't require additional fields, and can stop descending
once a shape
has been fully enveloped, reducing the number of terms within an index.