yeah I'm trying the second one but they aren't in my root overlay. they might be in /etc/skel but they are created when the user is.

On 8/23/06, Andrew Gaffney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I created a custom auto-logon user. however X complains that the files
> in the user's home directory aren't owned by him. how should I get these
> files to be owned or at leas writeable by the user? the directory and
> all files are owned by root.

I assume you are putting these files on the CD using root_overlay. I just ran
into the same problem last night. When catalyst copies the files into the
chroot, it copies them with the same permissions.

You have two options: 1) 'chown -R 1000:users' the stuff in the root_overlay dir
(the first user created in the chroot will have the uid 1000), or 2) run 'chown
-R youruser:users /home/youruser' in a fsscript.

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project