the file in question is the .dmrc this is not in /etc/skel and I do
not create it. but for some reason it and the home directory are
created with root ownership. I tried putting it what was suggested
into an fsscript. however that didn't work. would the only way to
solve this problem would to be to create them in the overlay? or with
the script before hand so that they are user writeable?

On 8/23/06, Caleb Cushing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
yeah I'm trying the second one but they aren't in my root overlay. they
might be in /etc/skel but they are created when the user is.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
> Gentoo Linux Developer
Installer Project