On 7/7/07, Michal Januszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 01:06:07AM +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

>  I think we should have user space splash... As fbsplash does not work

splashutils is a _userspace_ splash.  fbsplash isn't, but then it only
provides the "verbose" mode (background pictures on system consoles) and
there is no way of doing that in userspace (other than implementing the
whole console system in userspace, which has indeed been proposed and
might get done one day).

I think what important to user is the silent mode where graphical
progress can be shown.
Maybe run X or something simpler?

>  with all video cards and last time I checked the whole framebuffer in

Which fb driver doesn't it work with?

i915, even if splash gets working X does not.
A lot of issues there.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.