On Friday, 4. January 2008, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 14:59 Wed 02 Jan     , Mike Kelly wrote:
> > While you're at it, I think almost everything in
> > desc/video_cards.desc, desc/input_devices.desc, and a few more, could
> > use some attention.
> >
> > In particular, things like nv vs. nvidia are quite confusing. I
> > usually end up reading the xorg-server ebuild when I want to makes
> > sense of it, which defeats the point of video_cards.desc altogether.
>
> Are there any programs (make.conf / USE editors) that manage to read and
> set that stuff?

By read, do you mean read the setting from make.conf or read the
description? If the latter, quse reads it.

$ quse -D nvidia
 local:nvidia:gnome-extra/sensors-applet: Enable support for nvidia sensors
 local:nvidia:sys-power/cpufreqd: Enable nvidia overclocking (nvclock)
           plug-in
 video_cards.desc:nvidia: VIDEO_CARDS setting to build driver for nvidia
           video cards

Robert