Hi,

I've stumbled upon an inconsitency between package managers the other
day [1], which was due to both an ebuild and an eclass defining
inconsisting KEYWORDS.

bla-1.ebuild:
  inherit myeclass
  KEYWORDS="~arch"

myeclass.eclass:
  KEYWORDS="arch"

Portage will resolve this by overwriting the variable, so the last
(~arch) wins. Paludis, on the other hand, merges the variables, so it
is KEYWORDS="~arch arch".

The PMS draft [2] defines that "IUSE, DEPEND, RDEPEND and PDEPEND"
variables be merged when defined in both eclass and ebuild (Section
7.2), but only says "May be defined in an eclass" about KEYWORDS
(Section 8.2).

Anyone up to toss a coin whose bug it is, and maybe we can have a more
specific wording in the PMS?

Robert

[1] http://trac.pioto.org/paludis/ticket/586#comment:10
[2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~coldwind/pms-without-kdebuild.pdf