On Monday 13 October 2008, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:42:21 -0700
>
> Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It seems to me that this is an EAPI=0 change. Since EAPI=1 and
> > EAPI=2 are just differences to EAPI=0, they wouldn't be voted on.
> > Since EAPI=0 isn't actually approved yet, council wouldn't vote
> > either. As it's a draft standard, this would be resolved amongst
> > package-manager developers and PMS editors.
>
> It's a retroactive change to EAPI 0 that requires changes from
> package managers and has security implications... Robert isn't
> requesting that we specify and mandate existing behaviour here, so
> it's not really something that should be left up to PMS to decide and
> enforce.

All package manager developers have implemented this change, and PMS
editors have not objected to adding it to the spec. If Ciaran is
uncomfortable with adding this change, I would like council to sign off
on it. If council will not add this to the agenda, please state so and
I hope the PMS folks can add it to the spec without a vote.

Furthermore, what are the blockers to vote on PMS as a draft standard
for EAPI=0 ? Is there a timeframe for its ratification?

Robert