On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Let's try something new. I would like to get opinions from as many
> people as possible about GLEP 55 and alternatives listed here in
> order to get some idea what the general developer pool thinks.

Thanks for opening a spot to voice our opinions within reasonable limits
and without deadlocked discussions.

To make it brief, I'd very much prefer 3c[0] for the reasons provided by
others before:
- From what I can see, it provides for all requirements set out by g55.
- There is a backwards-compatible way to implement it.
- It does not expose any more internal metadata than current ebuilds do.
- I see no rush to implement new EAPI features that require drastic
  changes enabled by 1*.
- It provides a constant face for Gentoo, aka we're the guys and gals
  using the ".ebuild" format.

Robert

[0] Although not with a fixed line limit, but with a strict way to find
    it, i.e. the first occurence of #?\s*EAPI=["']?([a-zA-Z0-9._]+)["']?
    or similar.