Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
> > report:

Hi.

Gentoo KDE team status report.

Current:

 - We have a Lead again (me). It happened on FOSDEM, so it might have
been related to some "substance abuse"  ;-)
 - We have a strong team again full of new "blood" and are back in the
game - we can take more people, but we're able to keep up with the
work.
 - Resumed our regular meeting schedule - 3rd Thursday of the month at
19H00 UTC on #gentoo-kde channel of the freenode IRC network.
 - KDE-3.5.9 (stable) and 3.5.10 (testing) in the tree.
 - KDE-4.2.3 (testing) in the tree.
 - KDE-4.3 snapshots in the kde-testing overlay.
 - KDE-4.3 live (4.2.9999) in the kde-testing overlay.
 - KDE live (9999) in the kde-testing overlay.

Soon:

 - We're in the final stages to get updated KDE3 eclasses (currently in
kde-crazy overlay) into the tree. These eclasses move all misc apps
under the /usr/kde/3.5 prefix (to fix the colisions with KDE4 apps and
to fix prefix issues for KDE-3 apps).
 - After we move the eclasses we'll ask to get KDE-3.5.10 marked stable.
This means the end of the support for mono ebuilds. Anyone using them
will have to switch to the split ebuilds.
 - After getting this done, we can finally get KDE-4.X marked stable. We
hope to get all this done in the next 2 months.

How to help:

Although we have a fully staffed team now, we can always take more help.
If anyone is interested in the Gentoo KDE project and wants more info,
start by checking our page [1] and our overlays [2] [3]. We try to keep
some Docs in the kde-testing overlay [4] including some docs on how to
contribute and what needs to be done. Also, we still have a *few* open
bugs [5].

 {1[ - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/
 [2] - http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=summary
 [3] - http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde-crazy.git;a=summary
 [4] -
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=tree;f=Documentation;h=92d10c3f9de2a22c5755a6fe746dfd5e75d7e044;hb=master
 [5] - http://tinyurl.com/kdebugs1

P.S. - Working with the Gentoo KDE team and getting access to the
overlays is one way to get involved with Gentoo and might set you up in
the road to become a Gentoo Dev - we have quite a few people around to
proof it  ;-)

- -- Regards, Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / SPARC / KDE