Samuli Suominen wrote:
> AllenJB wrote:
>> * Why is the developer profile even shown on "eselect profile"? Wouldn't
>> it be better to keep "unsupported" profiles off this list. Surely Gentoo
>> devs can cope with setting their profile manually in favor of a little
>> sanity preservation for the rest of us?
>
> It's not only for Gentoo developers, but for /Software/ developers in
> general. IMHO.

General software developers should have the following features enabled?
- test (all test suites)
- stricter (horribly strict portage handling)
- digest (ignore package digests)
- cvs (not even documented in "man make.conf")
- sign (gpg key signing for cvs manifest commits)

As well as the infamous
I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING="yes"

Certainly test, stricter and digest are all known to me to cause issues
for anyone who doesn't understand what they do and why.

AllenJB