On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 11:16:32AM +0200, Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
> Hell no, but ...

Then avoid feeding the distrowatch trolls w/ sensational
subjects please ;)

> We have lots of quite understaffed areas, to sum up in a positive way.
> Summing it up the negative way one might say, we have lots of areas were
> users might get the idea Gentoo already is dead.

Got any metrics offhand?  The reason I ask is that I can't think of a
time when 'understaffed' wasn't an applicable term.

Sidenote, if we *aren't* tracking the basics, it might be worthwhile.
Shouldn't be too hard to grab the history of herds.xml for example and
extract the relevant data.

One thing to note... crappy support for something can draw people out
to contribute.  Hence asking about metrics- I wouldn't be surprised if
the headcount for misc. projects is a cyclic rise/fall.

At the very least I'd be curious about the pre and post git metrics,
once that conversion is finished up.

> - Infra: One might get the idea our Infra team is just Robin (yeah, sure
> there are more people, but ....) ... things are happening slowly (no
> offend - I fully understand that those few can't dedicate more of their
> spare time to infra work!), take overlays.g.o migration, Bugzie-3
> migration and so on as an example.

Relaying from IRC, overlays.g.o migration bits seem to be done...

> - Website redesign - we had a contest some years ago, got a winner,
> someone started to adapt the design and somewhat that project fall
> asleep.

A status update on this one would be useful, even if it's just "got no
time, here's what is remaining" so someone could jump in and help
where possible.

Personally I'd suggest trying to extract status updates from folk-
it's more useful anyways to know what's needed to get various projects
done.

~harring