2010/5/11 Graham Murray <gra...@gmurray.org.uk>

> George Prowse <george.pro...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have run revdep-rebuild about 30 times and I still can't fix
> > it. revdep-rebuild does not fix it and libpng needs to have some
> > serious action before it goes stable because I booted into, basically
> > a completely broken machine because I had to stop a large upgrade on
> > the previous emerge (~300 packages) in the middle.
>
> Are the failures during a gtk-doc scan? If so then try unmerging the
> affected package and then manually re-emerging it.
>
> For me not, possibly it's a problem with la files, steps done by me follow:

revdep-rebuild -- --keep-going
lafilefixer --justfixit
# this does not work `revdep-rebuild -- --keep-going`

export PKGLIST="$(qfile --slots  --quiet  --nocolor $(grep -l png12
 /usr/lib64/*.la))"
# PKGLIST="gnome-base/libgnomecanvas:0 gnome-base/libbonoboui:0
gnome-base/libgnomeui:0 gnome-base/gnome-keyring:0
#                 gnome-base/libglade:2.0 dev-cpp/gtkmm:2.4
dev-cpp/gtkmm:2.4 gnome-extra/evolution-data-server:0"
sudo rm $(grep -l png12  /usr/lib64/*.la)
gnome-extra/evolution-data-server:0"
sudo emerge -1av $PKGLIST

revdep-rebuild -- --keep-going

# should do