On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:48:04 +0300, Samuli Suominen
<ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> It says "Files under this directory", not "Files and directories under
> this directory."

Oh, cmon. If you are going to selectively quote, then I'll give you
this: "This directory contains system information data describing the
system since it was booted." So in my opinion, it is fine to "rm -rf
/var/run/*" on system shutdown...

> Futhermore is continues with,
>
> "Programs may have a subdirectory of /var/run; this is encouraged for
> programs that use more than one run-time file."
>
> So I'd say keepdir is legal here...

Then the app in question can (and should) make the directory, not the
ebuild.

-Jeremy