Hey,

Ryan Sleevi, who's working on Chromium and is familiar with other
project's Root Cert programs has written an article on how he
perceives assorted distributions handle Root CAs:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105761279104103278252/posts/eVdB6X3NpPg

"""
[...]
Debian: From [5]. According to README.debian, to get a CA
included, all you need is two or three people to support you.

Gentoo: From [6] Same as Debian. Note they also modify other
packages (such as dev-libs/nss) to inject root certs into other
programs' root stores.
[...]