On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:34:44 +0200
Arsen Arsenović <ar...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> looks OK at a glance, but could you summarize the issues the patch set
> fixes in the commit messages (and reword them to follow convention
> generally)?  it is important to have context while looking at a git
> log.

> > -   IUSE+=" ada"
> > +   IUSE+=" ada" TC_FEATURES+=( ada )

The change is about adding TC_FEATURES+=( ada )

Some lines towards the end there is

# TODO: Add a pkg_setup & pkg_pretend check for whether the active
compiler # supports Ada.
if tc_has_feature ada ; then
    BDEPEND+=" ada? ( || ( sys-devel/gcc[ada] dev-lang/gnat-gpl[ada] )
)"
fi

it looks to me that if TC_FEATURES+=( ada ) is missing, that dependency
is not added

> does this apply for all versions of GCC?

I really don't know. Ada source are provided with gcc-8 too (the oldest
version in the tree). I personally built gcc-10..13