On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:04:28PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mount /mnt/MusicLib/
> mount to NFS server 'dragonfly' failed: server is down.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#
>
> I know this must be a simple oversight but I just do not see it.
>
> Thanks for answering! I do appreciate it!

  Clutching at straws here...
  - is iptables blocking anything according to its logfile?
  - don't know if this applies to nfsd, but I've run into some builds of
    sshd which would not work without an appropriate entry in
    /etc/hosts.allow... *EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT RUNNING INETD*.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will