Thanks Canek, that's perfect because for this upcoming install I'm
planning on using acpid for power management anyway. I don't think
power management is something that should run as a regular logged in
user, and it causes problems like your laptop not sleeping when you're
logged out with the login screen up, which is pretty dumb. Although
I'm not sure you can easily use acpid to "do something after 10
minutes of inactivity," so that will probably take jiggery pokery to
figure out.
Anyway, I digress. Maybe I'll start a thread on that when the time comes.

- BW