Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 02/03/2011 12:59 AM, Brian Waters wrote:
[...]
It's been a few months since I've been around, and I'd like to know if
HAL has been fully deprecated yet. I'd like to avoid using it if at
all possible, since that seems to be the way of the future. So I'm
wondering what versions of udev and X server (and any other packages,
dbus maybe?) I need to unmask in order to get rid of the HAL
dependency.

To see that, put "-hal" in your make.conf, and check your package.use too to make sure there's no "hal" enabling in there. Then unmerge the hal package and do an "emerge -aDNt --with-bdeps=y world". If something pulls hal back in, it's gonna show due to the "t" option of emerge.

Hope that helps.

The way i read his post, which may not be read correctly, he doesn't have a Gentoo install at the moment to run those commands. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)