On 18-Aug-11 2:18, Adam Carter wrote:
Just to counter all of the scary stories,

Yeah, i'd like to counter too. While the implications of getting it
wrong are serious, technically its quite simple. I run my own DNS, and
use a couple of free secondaries (http://www.twisted4life.com and
http://www.everydns.net).

The same here. I have been running my own dns for about 2 years,
primary for a few domains. As secondaries I use twisted4life,
xname, afraid, nether, and rollernet. Never had any problem.
I did this mainly because my registrar had terrible web-interface
which I simply refused to use. As a side-effect, I learned a lot
about dn-system. Now I'm playing with dnssec, and it's quite
interesting...

I do run dns with www on the same server (in addition to ftp,
mail, and a few more things), but each of those services in
its own vserver-guest...

Jarry