On 18-Aug-11 20:22, Grant wrote:
Just to counter all of the scary stories,

I do run dns with www on the same server (in addition to ftp,
mail, and a few more things), but each of those services in
its own vserver-guest...

Are those vserver-guest instances for security?  I didn't know people
used those for each service they run on the same machine.

It is a kind of "better chroot". Some services are not easy
to make running chrooted but can still run in vserver guest.

I think it is good to have services running separated.
If one of them gets compromised, others still keep running.
One more extra layer of security, worth trying. The only
service I'm running on "master-server" (host) is ssh on
non-standard port, with pretty tight firewall rules...

Jarry