On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Jarry <mr.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The same here. I have been running my own dns for about 2 years,
> primary for a few domains. As secondaries I use twisted4life,
> xname, afraid, nether, and rollernet. Never had any problem.
> I did this mainly because my registrar had terrible web-interface
> which I simply refused to use. As a side-effect, I learned a lot
> about dn-system. Now I'm playing with dnssec, and it's quite
> interesting...
>
> I do run dns with www on the same server (in addition to ftp,
> mail, and a few more things), but each of those services in
> its own vserver-guest...

Interesting is an understatement. DNS is fascinating. I've got syslogd
on my router set up to send everything to tty1, which I also disabled
getty on, so I get to watch my syslog scroll by while I'm in the room.
I've been doing it this way for most of this year, and I've watched
DNS change in that time. For example:
* I'm seeing far fewer errors logged complaining about EDNS. That's been nice.
* I'm seeing fewer errors logged about bad AAAA lookups (FORMERR et
al). Most sites which publish AAAA records seem to be doing it OK,
although some CDNs, Google+ and Wikipedia *still* aren't doing it
right.

I've also switched from AT&T ADSL to Comcast in that time (though my
IPv6 comes from 6to4 in both cases), so some of those changes may be
an ISP-level issue.

--
:wq