On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 01:22:50PM -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
> On 1/19/2012 11:32 AM, Chris Walters wrote:

> >> Well, if you had signed your mail, then I could write you encrypted. :)
> >
> > This is a test.  Enigmail has been trying to use a revoked and expired key
> > sign my messages, lately.
> >
> > Chris
>
> Looks good to me, at least based on what's presently available in the
> keyservers.

Hm... I seem to be too dumb. Mutt tells me that the msg is signed, but doesn't
tell me by whom (I know that I need to have the public key in my keyring to see
a name, but it doesn't even tell me the key ID). Saving the whole mail to a
file and verifying the sig doesn't work either, that too is obvious because 1)
only the text is signed, not the rest of the mail and b) the signed stuff and
the sig need to be two different files for gpg --verify to work. So I saved the
signature.asc and the text separately. Now verification works and I see a key
ID, but using gpg --search <key ID> doesn't find the given key on the server.

GPGing was much easier when KMail still worked. ^^
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

The computer is not a miracle.
It only works so fast because it doesn’t think.