On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:48, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> Scenario: I have a server in the cloud that needs to connect to an internal
> server in the office. There are 2 incoming connections into my office, ISP
> "A" and ISP "B". The primary connection is A, but if A goes down, we can use
> B. The app running on the cloud server has no automatic failover ability
> (i.e., if A goes down, someone must change the app's conf to point to B).
>
> My thought: If I can make a tunnel from the server to the FortiGate firewall
> currently guarding the HQ, the cloud app can simply be configured to connect
> to the internal IP address of the internal server. No need to manually
> change the app's conf.
>
> The need: a VPN client that:
> + can selectively send packets fulfilling a criteria (in this case, dest= IP
> address of internal server)*
> + has automatic failover and failback ability
>
> *solutions involving iptables and iproute2 are also acceptable
>
> Can anyone point me to the right direction re: what package and the relevant
> howto?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have been doing some research, and...

Do you think I can do that using HAProxy running in tcp mode?

My thought goes like this: Have the cloud app connect the IP:port of
HAProxy, and let HAProxy perform a TCP proxy (NAT?) to connect to the
internal server via A or B according to the "server checks".

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~