On Feb 11, 2012 12:16 AM, "Michael Orlitzky" <mich...@orlitzky.com> wrote:

> On 02/10/12 11:46, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> > case, dest=
> >>
> >> As far as I know typical VPNs require the IP address (or FQDN) of the
VPN
> >> gateway.  If yours changes because ISP A goes down then the tunnel
> > will fail
> >> and be torn down.
>
> I must have missed the original message. OpenVPN can do this. Just
> specify multiple "remote vpn.example.com" lines in your client configs,
> one for each VPN server.
>
> It also handles updating the routing table for you. Rather than match
> "IP address of internal server," it will match "IP address on internal
> network" and route through the VPN automatically.

I'm still torn between OpenVPN and HAproxy. The former works with both TCP
and UDP, while the latter is lighter and simpler but works with TCP only*.

*The traffic will be pure TCP, but who knows I might need a UDP tunnel in
the future.

Any experience with either?

Do note that I don't actually need a strong security (e.g. IPsec); I just
need automatic failover *and* fallback.

Rgds,