On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:12:55 -0700, walt wrote:

> >> That seems like a (possibly) helpful clue.  When you downgraded,
> >> did you do etc-update again, or were you asked to?  Did you run
> >> it after the original upgrade?
> >
> > No, no and no.
>
> Just to confirm, are you saying that you did *not* run etc-update
> after the original upgrade?  I remember clearly from this morning
> that etc-update asked me to replace some files in /etc/pam.d, and
> I said yes to all. (I don't understand pam well enough to disobey
> orders ;)

AFAIR there was no suggestion to run etc-update. I certainly don't
remember replacing any pam files, but I have conf-update set to
automatically replace files that only differ in their comments.

I'll run the update again today, paying more attention, and see what
happens.

--
Neil Bothwick

I'm firm. You're obstinate. He's a pigheaded fool